[Development] QtMultimedia BIC / header cleanliness issue

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Dec 22 23:20:35 CET 2012

Hello

Now that Qt 5.0 is out, I've been doing some clean up tasks I had been putting
off. One of them, to properly do the headersclean test, turned up that
QtMultimedia did not have this test at all. And here's what it produces:

multimedia/qmediaserviceproviderplugin.h:111:28: error: ‘struct
QMediaServiceProviderFactoryInterface’ has virtual functions and accessible
non-virtual destructor [-Werror=non-virtual-dtor]

audio/qaudiosystemplugin.h:63:28: error: ‘struct QAudioSystemFactoryInterface’
has virtual functions and accessible non-virtual destructor [-Werror=non-
virtual-dtor]

Clearly those two classes cannot be used for deletion. Is that normal? What
are those classes used for, anyway?

Note that those two classes are exported, but they don't have any out-of-line
virtuals. For QAudioSystemFactoryInterface, the virtual table is emitted in
the library but there isn't one for QMediaServiceProviderFactoryInterface.\

Any suggestions on what to do?