[Development] QLog ( Work on qDebug and friends)

Lincoln Ramsay lincoln.ramsay at nokia.com
Wed Feb 1 02:29:11 CET 2012

On 01/31/2012 05:08 PM, ext Jordi Pujol wrote:
> - Crazy idea : allow logging to a socket ? ( remote log/debug )
 > - More than one logging file ? One file for every category / group of
 > categories
 > - Log File rotation

Good ideas... but I think I'm against the idea of shoving all sorts of
clever "output handling" logic into qLog because you can override the
debug message handler and do all sorts of clever stuff in there.

I'm almost tempted to say that qLog should stick to the "categories"
stuff and leave all "output handling" to something else (perhaps living
in an Add-on).

--
Lincoln Ramsay - Senior Software Engineer
Qt Development Frameworks, Nokia - http://qt.nokia.com/