[Development] Separation of QtQuick 1 from QtDeclarative repo

lars.knoll at nokia.com lars.knoll at nokia.com
Fri Feb 3 10:15:02 CET 2012

On 2/3/12 8:54 AM, "ext aaron.kennedy at nokia.com" <aaron.kennedy at nokia.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On 03/02/2012, at 7:50 AM, ext Andreas Holzammer wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does this mean QtQuick 1 does not depend on V8 anymore? Are there plans
>> to remove this from the qt5 qtdeclarative module?
>
>As Matt described, the QtQuick 1 elements, and JSC based engine they use,
>now exist in a separate module.  Only Qt Quick 2, and its V8 based
>engine, will live in the qtdeclarative module.

The reason has been that we've seen that it became increasingly difficult
to keep the source compatibility promise for QtQuick 1 while bringing
QtQuick 2 to where it needs to be for Qt 5.

This now brings a clear separation between the two and will allow Qt
Quick2 to do all the changes required for Qt5 without having to worry
about breaking corner cases in Qt Quick 1.

Cheers,
Lars