[Development] Changes to the Jira roles and workflow

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Thu Feb 9 12:34:08 CET 2012

On 09/02/2012 04:33, ext Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 de February de 2012 10.20.47, bradley.hughes at nokia.com
> wrote:
>>> There is call for discussion around default assignee – is it the
>>> module maintainer? Which tasks are up for grabs if everything new
>>> goes to the maintainer?
>> Unassigned should be the default. When someone picks up the task,
>> they should assign it to themselves. Anything else is misleading.
>
> Agreed. As a Maintainer, I really don't want tons of tasks assigned
> to me and in idle state. It would make my life difficult because I
> can't find the tasks I want to work on. And it would get people
> screaming at me for not looking at their tasks.

I think the argument against that is that Maintainers should know what
goes on in their modules.

Assigning new tasks "unassigned" will not notify the maintainer about
issues in the modules that have come up, and the maintainer will not by
notified when someone takes a task and starts working on it.

(/me has no strong feelings either way, just highlighting the different
view points)

--
.marius