[Development] Removal of "Trolltech" usages inside Qt

lars.knoll at nokia.com lars.knoll at nokia.com
Thu Feb 9 17:04:07 CET 2012

On 2/9/12 4:56 PM, "ext Giuseppe D'Angelo" <dangelog at gmail.com> wrote:

>One of the blockers of [1] ("Larger changes for Qt 5") is the clean up
>of Trolltech strings/namespaces/etc. inside Qt, which is actually
>tracked by several bug reports [2].

Btw, same thing is true for 'nokia' strings and namespaces.

>That's fine, but was any consensus reached about what to change those
>strings to? "qt-project.org"? Should any logic for fallbacks (for
>settings, etc.) be present in Qt code? I'd like especially to hear
>advice from the Chief Maintainer and the legal team.

We should change things to qt-project.org. I've done that for IIDs to some
extent already. In most cases we will not need any fallbacks.

I'm uncertain about some identifiers in e.g. the qtdbus module, as I don't
know how this will affect interoperability between Qt 4 and Qt 5.

Cheers,
Lars