[Development] Platform Look and feel

Alan Alpert alan.alpert at nokia.com
Thu Feb 9 23:02:04 CET 2012

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 03:37:44 ext Thiago Lacerda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way, on Qt5, to get the platform look and feel, without the
> dependency of QtWidgets using QStyle?
> Or this is a feature that needs to be discussed about or done (for 5.1
> maybe?)?

The plan I'm aware of for getting platform look and feel with QML is to have
QtQuick components for every platform. Theoretically, you could dynamically
pick the appropriate plugin at run-time and run fine as long as you stick to
the shared sub-set of API.

But I say theoretically because I'm not aware of any plans to actually
implement this. It's a feature that needs to be discussed about how it gets
done (and 5.1 at the earliest it's looking like). The closest we have now is
that the Desktop components (a labs project) tries to get hints out of QStyle
to look native across desktop platforms.

--
Alan Alpert
Senior Engineer