[Development] RFC: The Future of QDoc

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at nokia.com
Fri Feb 10 14:46:48 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 01:15:19PM +0000, ext casper.vandonderen at nokia.com wrote:
> It can lead to a mess though. We would need some clearly defined
> boundaries about where to put documentation.

you could just make it a switch and continue building qt docs without
using it.
but i agree that documenting enums and such in-line would often be
desirable, so a clear policy may be preferable to a technical limitation.

> does adding the documentation to the headers not make compilation
> slower?

pretty much negligible.
but: putting docs into headers causes many unnecessary recompiles due to
the headers being included into many .cpp files.