[Development] QLog ( Work on qDebug and friends)

BRM bm_witness at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 15:33:46 CET 2012

> From: "wolfgang.beck at nokia.com" <wolfgang.beck at nokia.com>
> The controlling of the category will be done using a configuration file.
> QLog contains a private class that creates a file watcher for the configuration
> file.
> So not only if you start the application but during runtime as well the category
> filtering can be changed dynamically by changing the config file.
> No recompiling needed with this solution.

+1.

This is a far better solution, IMHO, than the macro expansion.

FYI - I support a system that operates at up to 400 samples/second with extensive logging to a modular logging system - syslog, files, EventLog, etc.
It doesn't seem to impact performance at all, so I don't see the issue with having Qt be able to filter at run-time either as Wolfgang specifies above.

Ben