[Development] Default enabling inbound flow control on sockets

Jonas M. Gastal jgastal at profusion.mobi
Mon Feb 13 13:10:07 CET 2012

On Friday 10 February 2012 19:25:04 shane.kearns at accenture.com wrote:
> The same change would be required at the QNetworkAccessManager level, as
> there is no point applying flow control at the socket and having unbounded
> memory allocations in the QNetworkReply.

I think it might make sense to implement flow control in QNAM but not on
socket. This way applications using the high level API get protection from
this error and applications using the low level API have to handle this issue
themselves.

That is, if we choose to implement it. Which I'm not convinced we should, I
assume this behaviour is documented(if not, it should) and therefore not
really a bug. Do we have any/many reports of this issue?

Gastal