[Development] Default enabling inbound flow control on sockets

shane.kearns at accenture.com shane.kearns at accenture.com
Mon Feb 13 15:10:52 CET 2012

> Not sure. Is it a big problem? Or is it better to just continue as is,
> and let the applications that do have a problem set it to something
> reasonable to them instead?
>
> I'd probably suggest that we instead improve the output on that worst
> case failure to help devs fix the problems in their programs.
>
> $0.02
>
> Ben

qWarning allocates memory, so once the worst case happens, we can't give any output (unless we first handle the exceptions inside Q*Socket)
It would be possible to print a warning when buffering exceeds some threshold we consider to be unreasonably large.
We can also improve the documentation (it's not bad, but doesn't mention flow control explicitly)

https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-14464 seems to be explained by missing flow control causing out of memory errors under load.

Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.