[Development] JIRA bug management: users can't close their 'assigned' bugs.

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Tue Feb 14 12:21:58 CET 2012

On 14/02/2012 04:13, ext Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> I think this mail raises a good point.
>
> We are very protective of our bugs, maybe it's the time to reconsier jira
> rights now that we have the Qt Project in full swing :)
>
> I think it would be great if we could get a group of bug triagers started, for
> KDE for example that leads to fewer stale bugs and new contributors that
> discover they can fix bugs while triaging them.
>
> In order to enable that we would actually have to start giving jira rights to
> people. I don't think there is much reason to expect people would be mis-using
> these.

Please have a look at the
     "Changes to the Jira roles and workflow"
thread, which was started on 08.02.2012.

I guess many have missed that email, because discussions are much slower
than I expected. But that mail discusses recommended changes to Jira. If
you have opinions on that matter, please discuss it on that thread.

--
.marius