[Development] QML engine C++ class renaming

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Thu Feb 16 14:56:08 CET 2012

On Thursday, February 16, 2012 14:50:32 Olivier Goffart wrote:
> On Thursday 16 February 2012 13:39:14 lars.knoll at nokia.com wrote:
> > On 2/16/12 2:11 PM, "ext Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
> >
> > wrote:

> > >Or not at all. If a group of people does not show up to maintain it,
> > >then it's
> > >possible that it never gets released. I think that's preferable than
> > >give
> > >the false impression to our users that they can rely on this feature.
> >
> > Well, it's working for the moment, so the question is where the person
> > comes from that is willing to keep it alive. Since we'll keep BC after
> > 5.0, the work would mainly be to adjust to changes in private headers
> > and
> > internals.
>
> So if one wants to change the private header in qtbase while implementing a
> new feate, who is responsible to port QtQuick1? The one making the change,
> or the QtQuick1 maintainers?
>
> Because if it is the one making the change, then it becomes a burden for the
> developers in qtbase.

Isn't the same true in the QML2 stuff?

On Thursday, February 16, 2012 13:27:43 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> especially because we
> all know how many hacks were used in developing the QtDeclarative and how
> much  of QtCore, QtGui and QtScript internals it made use of.

Is QML2 implemented without those hacks? (I have no idea)

Or do you just expect that QML2 developers will port to new internal APIs when
the old ones are removed? Or will developers changing qtbase internal API also
have to port the QML2 implementation?

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer