[Development] QLog ( Work on qDebug and friends)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Feb 16 16:58:22 CET 2012

On quinta-feira, 16 de fevereiro de 2012 16.08.26, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 February 2012 11:10:35 Lincoln Ramsay wrote:
> > Warnings have always been unconditional and will remain so.
>
> Not exactly. They can be disabled at compile time by -DQT_NO_WARNING_OUTPUT.

Indeed, but that flag is never set in Qt. I can imagine some embedded system
integrators might want to turn it on to save on library size, but it's a non-
standard build.

Warnings are unconditional and will remain so in Qt. They indicate misuse of
the API.

But other code can use warnings for other reasons and we can't make the
decision for them. KDE has used warnings for a long time to tell developers
about unexpected situations. That's why a couple of years ago I made kWarning
use QtDebugMsg level instead.