[Development] QML engine C++ class renaming

Thiago Lacerda thiago.lacerda at openbossa.org
Thu Feb 16 18:26:56 CET 2012

I think that maintaining the QtQuick1 in Qt5 will make people
become accommodated with the old technology (those people who have apps
relying on QtQuick1)
instead of adopting QtQuick 2 for their new applications (why spend time
learning the new features of QtQuick2 if 1 is still working on Qt5?), as
happened with qt3support.

Additionally, those people allocated to maintain QML1 could spend their
time thinking about new features, things that were done erroneously in QML1
and make them better, improving QtQuick2.

As Alexis has pointed out, porting an application from QML1 to 2 isn't
that painful.

That's my two cents.

Cheers

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com