[Development] Another feature request for qdoc - multilanguage support

liang.qi at nokia.com liang.qi at nokia.com
Fri Feb 17 07:22:23 CET 2012

Hi, all,

Not every developer is good at English. Many of them would like to see the documentation in their own language.

David Boddie had done some work before, under qtdoc/doc/src, there are ja_JP and zh_CN directories. For separated doc files under qtdoc/doc/src, they could be translated into Japanese and Chinese. That works fine.

But for the API, the doc in each class, it doesn't work. There is a sub-task for that:

I think we have 2 approaches to do that:

1. split the doc for api from the implementation file, for example qobject.cpp -> qobject.qdoc
2. use the script to extract the doc parts at first, then use qdoc to process them

Regards,
Liang