[Development] Request for playground project: UI Helpers

Anselmo L. S. Melo anselmo.melo at openbossa.org
Fri Feb 17 19:04:33 CET 2012

Hi,

I would like to continue the work started with the change 15857 [1], when we discussed about moving QUndo* out of QtWidgets.
In this change, first we moved these classes to QtGui, then to a new lib inside qtbase. However, it was not considered ideal and the
decision was to create a separated repo for these classes, leaving QtWidgets untouched.

UI Helpers - short description:

"The UI Helpers repository will contain non-widget based ui classes that are useful for those who intend to develop applications
using Qt5/QtQuick 2 but do not want to depend on QtWidgets - mainly desktop applications. Examples of classes are QUndoCommand,
QAction, QFileSystemModel, etc."

[1] http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,15857

Cheers,
Anselmo