[Development] Changing qreal to a float

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Mon Feb 20 16:58:05 CET 2012

On Monday 20 February 2012 16:02:09 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> I also thought we had agreed that QRectF should be float on all
> platforms and we don't need double-precision geometric classes
> anyway.

I think we agreed on the former, but hopefully not on the latter. Many
geometric classes, such as QLineF, have functions that are used
outside rendering, so having double-precision classes are very useful
to have.

Maybe add explicit QRectS and QRectD classes, and deprecate QRectF
(same for QPointF, QLineF and friends)?

--
Christoph Feck
http://kdepepo.wordpress.com/