[Development] QLog ( Work on qDebug and friends)

David Faure david.faure at kdab.com
Tue Feb 21 10:36:08 CET 2012

On Tuesday 21 February 2012 06:28:38 wolfgang.beck at nokia.com wrote:
> I'm preferring having QLog active only if a config file is there.
> It doesn't make sense to me at all having an environment variable that can
> activate QLog but not config file to activate the categories. As long there
> is no config file QLog is disable and uses less performance as possible but
> still having the feature that you can activate it without recompiling the
> code.

Why? IMHO things should go to stderr by default. So it makes perfect sense to
see the output, even if one didn't configure output files in a config file.

I guess this is a mobile platform vs desktop platform discussion. On a mobile
platform the logs are only useful if they go to a file, while on the desktop
the logs are useful also if they go to stderr, to get them in a terminal or in
the session log file.

--
David Faure | david.faure at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090