[Development] Move QAction from QtWidgets to QtGui

Anselmo L. S. Melo anselmo.melo at openbossa.org
Tue Jul 3 14:36:26 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 07/03/2012 05:06 AM, Davide Bettio wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've noticed that QAction hasn't been moved from QtWidgets module to
> QtGui module, it would be really good if also that module gets moved
> there.
> QAction require QWidget for few things but I think that it is possible
> to solve this problem easily.

It was discussed a few months ago, but at that time the decision was to not move QAction to QtGui.
Unless this position has changed (as example of what happened to QIcon), there is a version of QAction without the
QWidget dependency, in UiHelpers (http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5-Ui-Helpers). The destiny of this "new version" still not defined.

Last week, Shawn Rutledge sent an e-mail to the qt-components list about updating this stripped version of QAction so it could be
used by the desktop components. I think it's a good idea to check the status with him.

Cheers,
Anselmo