[Development] Proposal: Remove QML from Qt's code base (OR: Should it be a requirement that Qt Modules are interoperable?)

Robin Burchell robin+qt at viroteck.net
Wed Jul 4 11:03:18 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 10:49 AM,  <bill.king at nokia.com> wrote:
> I would like to see the first, I think that being able to interface it to different scripting languages would give it a lot of power.

leaving aside the technical ramifications (increased code complexity,
QA/performance hit due to abstraction and having to focus on making
multiple languages perform instead of one), this is a disaster for
"users" waiting to happen. or do you really want to write QML
documentation/examples for every possible language, and offer support
(via email/IRC/etc) to people writing QML with brainfuck bindings?

I agree that _technically_, it would make a nice achievement. I don't
think it would make for a good "product".

> Re "compilation", can't you include a qml file in a .qrc? I know it's not technically the same, but...

yes, you can