[Development] Proposal: Remove QML from Qt's code base (OR: Should it be a requirement that Qt Modules are interoperable?)

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Wed Jul 4 11:10:35 CEST 2012

Op 4-7-2012 11:00, d3fault schreef:

> On Jul 4, 2012 1:18 AM, "Attila Csipa" <qt at csipa.in.rs
> <mailto:qt at csipa.in.rs>> wrote:
> >
> >>replacement. There is no C++ equivalent of much of the functionality
> > > in QML, whereas everything you can do in a .ui file, you can do in
> C++.
> > >

> > This is a bit of a red herring. You can do everything in the .ui you can
> > do in C++ exactly because there is not that much you can do with it. You
> > can have a fully static QML (without any JS) for the same purpose, but
> > that would make no sense - that would be just syntax switching from XML
> > to JSON without any functional benefit.
>
> It is not a red herring because everything QML brings to the table can
> theoretically (read: definitely) be done in C++.\

We're still waiting to see that great C++ only demo implementation you
talked about awhile ago...

All talk, and no jazz. Please give up, or provide a nice demo to show
everyone here how right you have been all along. The way you're going
now, you're just draining energy from the community that had been better
spend on actual development. You might as well accept it and save
everyone some time and energy: QML is here to stay in Qt for the time
being. You are not required to like it.

André