[Development] Move math3d from QtGui to QtCore

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Thu Jul 5 08:10:23 CEST 2012

On 07/04/2012 08:33 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> And you also need to tell me that the classes are generally useful, even
> outside of any relation to OpenGL (which was their original goal).

Qwt would also have interest interest in classes like QPointF3D, but
this is not what QVector3D is ( or at least in Qt4 was ). As far as I
understood QVector3D is designed as a helper class for drawing and IMHO
should stay in QtGui as long as it is not implemented with a more common
use case in mind.

But even with a different class design I agree with Thiago that it
doesn't need to be QtCore where to move the class. Together with related
algorithms ( often implemented, but not part of the API ) it could be
indeed a valuable module.

What I would like to see in QtCore is what I had expected from a name
like QVector2D: a template for 2-dimensional arrays ( or more ) like
QVector.

Uwe