[Development] Move math3d from QtGui to QtCore

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Thu Jul 5 11:55:21 CEST 2012

On 07/05/2012 11:32 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Before that, you need to tell us if Eigen isn't enough:

This is not what - at least - I had in mind. I was thinking about
algorithms like:

- Sutherland Hodgman
- Douglas Peucker
- Quadtrees, R-trees
- Interpolation ( bilinear, trilinear ... )
- CONREC
- stuff you find in QPainterPath ( what should better be "QShape"
following GIS terminology )
- ...

All these algos have been implemented many, many times, but when you
want to avoid to copy from and to Qt classes you will have to implement
your own version. I'm pretty sure, that you will find redundant
implementations when looking inside Qt, graphic libraries like libraries
like Qwt and - of course - in any GIS related code.

Uwe