[Development] Moving QWindowSystemInterface out of QPA

Girish Ramakrishnan girish at forwardbias.in
Tue Jul 10 13:24:57 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> On terça-feira, 10 de julho de 2012 11.37.41, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> If it is not made public, then all CMake based code using QtTest will have
>> to  use private QtGui headers.
>
> $ git grep -l QWindowSystemInterface | cat
> qtestkeyboard.h
> qtestmouse.h
> qtesttouch.h
>
> We have only two choices:
>
> 1) make QWindowSystemInterface a proper, public API class
> or
> 2) remove its use from the public headers listed above.

Is there a difference between QWindowSystemInterface and
QApplication::postEvent/QApplication::notify ? Can QTestLib use them
instead of it's current use of QWSI? Maybe it's the 'spontaneousness'
which is the difference but that can be easily fixed with a public
internal function.

As for 2, I tried to do exactly that with
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,23440 but the idea was shot
down. I don't know how we can make a qtestlib that doesn't depend on
widgets. I think Stephen opposed it previously because a) widgets is
non-essential module and b) he wanted corelib tests to depend only on
corelib.

Girish