[Development] Moving QWindowSystemInterface out of QPA

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Wed Jul 11 16:56:59 CEST 2012

On Wednesday, July 11, 2012 20:00:39 you wrote:
> An alternate approach is to make a header specific to QTestLib which
> ensures that modules privates are not required.

This is very hacky. I prefer to simply move it from qpa/ to the same location
as the rest of the public headers.

However, a solution acceptable for everyone else which achieves the 'modules
privates are not required' goal is acceptable for me too.

> This approach keeps
> QWSI as QPA API and very minor change.

I still don't see what makes it a QPA API, but ok.

> We can call this forwarding
> header QTestLibWindowSystemInterface or something. Comments ? (of
> course, need to have some minor changes to syncqt to not emit warning
> code etc).
>
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,30643

You don't use the name QTestLibWindowSystemInterface in the patch. Is that a
mistake or does it make the patch more complex?

I think we'll just have to hear rationale from the people who want it to be
private before we figure this out.

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer