[Development] State of the Qt Solutions Archive

Lukas Geyer lgeyer at gmx.at
Fri Jul 13 14:33:18 CEST 2012

Hi,

I've fixed QtSingleApplication for Qt5 and created a merge request, just
to find out that it's quite quiet there, with merge request beeing not
seen (?) or at least discussed and merged for months.

Although beeing an 'archive', I think it still contains some quite
useful functionality (like QtSingleApplication, QtService or
QtLockedFile) which I actually do miss in the default libraries from
time to time.

So, what's the long term goal for the solutions archive for Qt5. Would
it make sense to integrate some of its functionality to Qt itself. Or
just leave it in its (lingering) state and rely on fixes from people who
actually use it.

At least then there should be someone reviewing amd merging those fixes
(probably there is already someone who I just missed)? Asking on IRC I
was given the answer that the solutions archive should be possibly
imported into gerrit to handle future requests.

regards,
Lukas