[Development] Behaviour change of opacity property in QtQuick 2.0

Sven Anderson Sven.Anderson at snom.com
Thu Jul 19 11:06:29 CEST 2012

On 19.07.2012 03:29, Alan Alpert wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 19:00:01 ext Rafael Brandao wrote:
>
> There's a new enabled property which also prevents mouse input. It also affects
> keyboard focus, but if you aren't using keyboard focus you can bind enabled:
> opacity > 0 and get effectively the same results as before.

BTW: I always assumed that binding a bool to a float which is expected
to be animated, that is, will have a lot of small changes, is very
inefficent, since a lot of notifies are sent out during the animation,
and everytime the bool has to be evaluated. So I always set the bool at
the end of the animation accordingly without binding, or at least I
created only one bool->float binding, and bound everything else to that
bool. Is this assumption correct, or don't I have to care about this,
since it is somehow optimized by the engine?

Sven