[Development] [Qt5 beta]Incorrect install path & cross-compile for MIPS

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at nokia.com
Mon Jul 23 17:30:06 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:08:14PM +0800, ext Fred Fung wrote:
> Dear all:
>
>     I downloaded qt5 beta source code in
> http://releases.qt-project.org/qt5.0/beta-snapshots/2012-07-20_19-02-20/.
> I'm trying to build Qt5 on ubuntu 12.04 with the following command:
> ======================================
> configure  -prefix /home/ff/dist -sysroot /usr/tc/sysroot ...etc...
> perl build -j 4
> ======================================
> I found Qt will be installed to /usr/tc/sysroot/home/ff/dist (seems like
> $SYSROOT/$PREFIX).
>
> Is there anything I missed, or Qt5's bug?

this is intented.
i'm pondering adding a -no-qmake-sysroot option to re-enable the
previous setups. see also the opposite option:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/30704

> And how can I cross compile Qt5 for MIPS base platform.I can't find mkspec
> for MIPS in qtbase/mkspec folder,but a mkspec for ARM  exists. I copied the
> linux-g++ folder, renamed it to linux-mips-g++, modified qmake.conf (gcc ->
> mips-linux-gnu-gcc,  ...) .When I use configure -xplatform linux-mips-g++,
> it tell me unsupported mkspec.

this should work just fine. i suppose you copied it incorrectly. make
sure you make the copy in the source folder, and you copy all the files
in the directory.