[Development] Use static qt libraries

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Jul 24 13:06:30 CEST 2012

On terça-feira, 24 de julho de 2012 12.13.27, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> QFocusHelper

This is a class defined in a .cpp, deriving from QWidget. So it has virtual
methods by way of inheritance.

But since it's in a .cpp, we have to conclude it's a compiler bug.

> QAbstractUndoItem

This is a real, abstract class with pure virtuals, with a Q_GUI_EXPORT (!) and
an inline (!!) destructor found in the .h (!!!).

The destructor needs to be moved to a .cpp and de-inlined.

> QStaticTextUserData

This is a private class, with a virtual inline destructor. The class is
derived from in QtOpenGL.

The destructor should be de-inlined and moved to the .cpp.

> QItemEditorCreatorBase

Same as QAbstractUndoItem and same recommendations.

> QNetworkConfiguration

QNetworkConfiguration has no virtual methods, so there should be no TI emitted
for it. In fact, this is the odd-man out class in this list, so much so that I
doubt that it's QNetworkConfiguration.

The OP posted a list output from readelf, which cuts symbols. I'm going to
guess here that it was either QNetworkConfigurationManager or
QNetworkConfigurationManagerPrivate. Both classes have virtuals, both are
exported from QtNetwork and both have their non-inline destructors in a .cpp
file.

Any of these three classes indicate a compiler bug.