[Development] The containers in the "containers" branch

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jul 26 13:27:16 CEST 2012

Last week I uploaded the containers changes to the "containers" branch of
qtbase, out of urging by someone (I can't remember who that was now). The idea
was that we could pass them through the CI.

Nothing has happened yet.

Now, I no longer have any interest in the containers. I'll keep them working
in my branch for as long as they don't cause too many conflicts or crashes
(like I'd done for the coarse timers in Qt 4.7 before they made it in 5.0, and
like the one-thread-per-QProcess solution until I figured out that it was
flawed).

But as it stands, I have no interest in developing them further, so I will not
accept any suggestions in comments in the reviews (31118 through 31143). If
anyone is interested in seeing these changes tested by the CI, please approve
them all and stage them all. If you have changes you'd like to see in the
containers, apply them in new commits on top of my changes.

I'll abandon all changes still open in one week. They're cluttering my
dashboard.