[Development] Cherry pick fix from Qt5 to Qt 4.8.x

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jul 27 18:43:13 CEST 2012

On sexta-feira, 27 de julho de 2012 13.35.00, Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I've sent a patch to Qt5 that's already integrated, and I would
> like to cherry pick it for qt 4.8. I haven't found the process
> documented anywhere, could someone point me in the right direction?
>     I must say I'm not very good with Git, so the more details the
> better. Appreciate the help.

Olá xará

There's a script in qtrepotools/bin called git-qt-cherry-pick which should do
what you want. But even without that script, you can do this:

cd qt5/qtbase
git format-patch -n1 $sha1ofyourfix > /tmp/patch

cd qt-4.8
git am /tmp/patch
# if that fails and you need to resolve, git am --abort and try again with
# git am -3 /tmp/patch

Compile and make sure it worked. When you're done, git commit --amend and add
the SHA-1 of the Qt 5 fix somewhere in the last paragraph of the commit
message.