[Development] Quick2 and Directx11 backend (Angle)

Rohan McGovern rohan.mcgovern at nokia.com
Fri Jun 1 01:55:54 CEST 2012

Friedemann Kleint said:
> Hi,
>
> after some polishing, then change has been merged as
> e7f1106edb1ac37d92d7851c44cd8d99f68eaaf4 .
> I have added some build instructions to
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building_Qt_5_from_Git for everyone to try out.
>
> We might decide later to add the library to our 3rd-Party folder.

Since our virtual machines in the Qt Project CI don't have any kind of
hardware GL, all GL tests on Windows are basically useless there.

I am hoping ANGLE might help us in this regard.  If anyone has some
valuable comment in that respect, please feel free to add to
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTQAINFRA-525

That use-case would also be helped a lot by having ANGLE under
src/3rdparty :)