[Development] FW: Alpha 2 this week or skip it

Matt Williams lists at milliams.com
Fri Jun 1 17:11:33 CEST 2012

On 1 June 2012 15:54, Joerg Bornemann <joerg.bornemann at nokia.com> wrote:
> On 01/06/2012 15:30, ext Thiago Macieira wrote:
>>> Allright, I take back everything. MS actually announced the RC of Visual
>>> Studio 2012 yesterday:
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio/archive/2012/05/31/visual-studio-2012-r
>>> c-available-now.aspx This seems to be identical to the formerly announced
>>> Visual Studio 11. Thus support is in Qt. Just use the win32-msvc11 mkspec.
>>
>> We should rename the mkspec.
>
> I agree...if that's really the final product name. ;-)

Don't forget that the "Microsoft Visual Studio" and "Microsoft Visual
C(++)" version number don't have to match. The Visual Studio number
are generally years (recently: 2005, 2008, 2010 and now 2012) while
Visual C(++) is numbered more normally (respectively: 8.0, 9.0 10.0
and now probably 11.0). So the new one could be Visual Studio 2012
with Visual C++ compiler 11.0. Also, in future Microsoft are planning
decoupling the IDE from the compiler so we should keep the mkspec
following the compiler I guess.

--
Matt Williams
http://milliams.com