[Development] MouseArea::onWheel event documented but not working (Qt5)

Tomasz Siekierda sierdzio at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 12:43:59 CEST 2012

Hi,

sorry for double posting but this is relevant for both Qt5 ML (as part of
testing) and Qt-qml (since that is where the issue lies). I am trying to
use the wheel event available in QtQuick 2.0 & Qt5 in QML. Here is a code
snippet:

MouseArea {
    id: whatever

    onWheel: {
        ScenarioLogic.aMethod(mouse); // both "mouse" and "event" do not
work
    }
}

The event variable (according to docs, it should be named "mouse", but I
have also tried "event" - to no avail) does not seem to be declared. Error
message: "ReferenceError: mouse is not defined". I am using Qt5 build from
git, commit I7a10dca9ee8bc2158e9d211feb4005a29fb7b419 from 16 May 2012.
Platform is Kubuntu 12.04 x64 with standard xcb backend. The mouse area is
inside a Flickable, if that changes anything. Other mouse events work
without problems.

A quick search did not reveal any existing bugs for that. Is this bug
known? If not, I will create a bug report right away.

Cheers, have a good weekend guys,
sierdzio