[Development] About pcre in qt5

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jun 6 11:54:39 CEST 2012

On quarta-feira, 6 de junho de 2012 09.23.47, song.7.liu at nokia.com wrote:
> Not sure about the PCRE, but now I am trying the regx disabling, if it's
> impossible or big efforts I will keep this feature in for my minimal-build.
>
> And also, we find that so many feature flags can't be easily disabled for
> example: QT_NO_DATASTREAM etc., as it seems many codes are not fully
> controlled on some feature flag. So is that caused as the Qt5 code refine
> ??

Tasuku Suzuki has been trying to fix the feature system, but I guess he hasn't
managed all combinations yet. Try talking to him and coordinating your efforts
to get this fixed.

Right now, please understand that if you turn *any* of the feature flags (that
is, if you disable any API), you're in wholly uncharted territory and
completely unsupported. Those combinations are not tested by the CI system and
I doubt anyone except Suzuki-san has tried running with them.

>From the Qt Project's point of view, I don't think we want to support them.
There was a discussion a while ago about supporting only the default builds
and reducing the amount of configuration choices. It's probably still the
current position. Other people could support them if they want to, though.