[Development] Becoming a Tier 1 platform and the CI System

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Thu Jun 7 13:18:41 CEST 2012

On Thursday 07 June 2012 10:50:12 Turunen Tuukka wrote:
> Well, that is what we are doing already. The fact that Nokia CI runs Pulse
> and ours runs Bamboo, does not mean anything. It is the procedures and
> people that matter. And those we are sharing already.

Could you provide the Qt community with links to the test suite and the
results feed then please? This would be very beneficial to the Qt Project.

> >> So naturally a small set of reference platforms means better capability
> >> focus efforts, release in time, and have good maturity of releases on
> >>these
> >> platforms.
> >
> >So you are recommending to not grow the Qt ecosystem to new platforms?
> >That
> >seems counter-productive. If entities are willing to invest and work on
> >improving support for Qt on new platforms to the point where they are
> >very
> >well supported such that the quality of the overall offering does not
> >suffer,
> >then surely that can only be good for the Qt community.
>
> Of course we can and should take new platforms in. I just mean that it
> should be a conscious decision, as for every release things get more
> complex when number of platforms grows.

Hopefully we have demonstrated by this thread and the man-months of effort
that this is very much a conscious decision.

> I have nothing against new platforms as such, especially not QNX that is
> very valuable to commercial users as well ;)

That's great. We are looking forwards to your cooperation on this.

Kind regards,

Sean
--
Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer