[Development] Qt5 packages for Ubuntu

Zoltán Balogh zoltan.balogh at canonical.com
Fri Jun 8 11:05:29 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I guess we all are very excited about the upcoming Qt5 beta or final
release. I am sure many of you have been playing with the tar.gz
releases or straight with the code from the gitorious.

For some time I am working on to release installable Qt5 binary and
source packages for Ubuntu.

Finally today I managed to publish the most important Qt5 modules (yes,
the qtwebkit too and the snowshoe as test app) for Precise and Quantal
releases. You can find i386, amd64 and most importantly armel packages
in this PPA: https://launchpad.net/~canonical-qt5-edgers/+archive/qt5-daily

All the packages (except the snowshoe-mobile) install to the /opt/qt5,
so it is not going to conflict with your installed 4.8 Qt.

Remember to add the /opt/qt5/bin to the $PATH in order to use the Qt5
binaries without problems.

All feedback, ideas, patches, better control and rules files are welcome!

Cheers,

Zoltan