[Development] About pcre in qt5

Brett Stottlemyer brett at stottlemyer.com
Fri Jun 8 13:21:15 CEST 2012

>> I'm hitting the same issue the QT_NO_CURSOR.  If I don't compile with this

>> flag, apps crash because the cursor isn't built onto the device.  QCursor

>> has no constructor when compiled with QT_NO_CURSOR, but the QMetatype seems

>> to assume it is there.  That is QT_FOR_EACH_STATIC_CORE_CLASS includes

>> QCursor, and the FOR_EACH crashes trying to create meta information and is

>> also used to create QVariant support (which breaks without a public

>> constructor as explained in the QVariant docs).

> Can you share more details about the crash? QCursor support is "switched off" in QMetaType and QCursor when QT_NO_CURSOR is used.

Thanks for the reply, and I apologize for not being clear.  The crash occurs if I don’t have QT_NO_CURSOR set, as Qt tries to call a function in the OS that doesn’t exist.  Since Qt5 was in this case compiled for Cursor support while the OS wasn’t, I suppose this is expected.  Sorry, I don’t have the error handy.

If I add the QT_NO_CURSOR flag, Qt5 won’t compile at all.  I’m more concerned about QT_NO_CURSOR not compiling for Qt5.

Brett