[Development] About pcre in qt5

tasuku.suzuki at nokia.com tasuku.suzuki at nokia.com
Mon Jun 11 01:49:29 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have fixed qconfig and QT_NO_FEATURE builds in Qt 4.6 and 4.7. I just started fixing them in Qt 5 a month ago. You can see some of them here [1]. As Thiago said, they are not supported and tested. But you are able to fix and use them if you really need to reduce the footprint.

Disabling PCRE makes sense for me. As we have QT_NO_REGEXP already, add it to feature list and fix the build.

QT_NO_CURSOR is not fixed yet. So you have to fix it. I'm happy to test and review your patch. Because QCursor::pos() is used in many places, we might use simplified version [2] that is broken (I think) at the moment. If you need to fix errors in QT_FOR_EACH_STATIC_CORE_CLASS, the patch attached may help.

QT_NO_DATASTREAM is the one I'd like to remove in Qt 5 because it is not maintained for a long time.

[1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/#q,tasuku.suzuki@nokia.com,n,z
[2] https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtbase/blobs/master/src/gui/kernel/qcursor.h#line56
--
Tasuku Suzuki