[Development] Deprecating QFile::encodeName/decodeName

João Abecasis joao.abecasis at nokia.com
Mon Jun 11 10:17:02 CEST 2012

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> I won't de-inline the encodeName and decodeName functions. I have no interest
> in changing them.

I'm fine with leaving them as they are, if you think it is too much hassle (compatibility issues and such) to remove altogether. I don't think they are the solution to the problem as I see it. I would add "file://" parsing directly as a feature of QFileSystemEntry, with no additional public API. This can be done for 5.1.

Cheers,

João