[Development] Retina display

morten.sorvig at nokia.com morten.sorvig at nokia.com
Tue Jun 12 15:05:04 CEST 2012

On Jun 11, 2012, at 8:30 PM, ext Jason Dictos wrote:

> You can actually run it now, on any mac:
>
> http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-enable-hidpi-display-mode-retina-like-in-os-x-lion-video/

In my experience Qt 4 looks good on HiDPI displays  - you get high resolution text and Mac style. QPainter and GraphicsView draws high resolution content (there seems to be an issue with cosmetic pens though) This is all tested with the emulated mode on a normal-dpi monitor.

Some caveats: OpenGL content is standard resolution. The app bundle/Info.plist generated by Qt seems to disable HiDPI support somehow. As a workaround build with CONFIG -= app_bundle or copy the executable out of the bundle and run it directly.

> It's been a long time coming actually.

QIcon has had scale factor support on Mac since the talk was about non-integer scale factors. (2007?) Perhaps it will finally pay off :)

Morten