[Development] More CI people?

Rohan McGovern rohan.mcgovern at nokia.com
Thu Jun 14 04:54:14 CEST 2012

Girish Ramakrishnan said:
> Hi QA team,
> I think today is the second day, CI is getting stuck. I wish I could
> just restart the integration. Usually, it's easy to let Rohan know if
> we are somewhere in his timezone. But if we are not in his timezone,
> it's quite frustrating.
>
> There's also the case where it's a huge time save to abort a current
> integration, if it's known in advance that it's going to fail.
>
> With that in mind, would it be possible for someone to have extra QA
> backups in mostly all timezones. Maybe there's already someone but I
> don't know who they are. I know only rohan since he is active on irc.

In Europe, we also have Sergio (sahumada on IRC) and Jyri (tahtela on IRC).
However, it seems to be holiday time in Europe.  I am pretty sure the
issues from last two days would have been resolved more quickly otherwise.

> And yes, I volunteer if required.

Great :) That will mean getting involved in CI-related code reviews and
bug reports, and being added to some list to receive error alerts from
the system, etc.  So if you like, just let us know and we can start
adding you to these.