[Development] Can't switch submodules to master and Mac build still broken

Stephen Chu stephen at ju-ju.com
Fri Jun 15 19:11:59 CEST 2012

I still can't get Qt 5 build on OS X for the merged code
(https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,28604) hasn't showed up in Qt
5 git default yet. So I want to to try moving modules to master to get
the fixes by the instruction here:
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building-Qt-5-from-Git#181b27e32ae791e987cb19fced190543

With qt5_tool method I got:

Examining: qt3d url: git://gitorious.org/qt/qt3d.git ### [qt3d]
/usr/bin/git fetch --all
Fetching origin
Fetching gerrit
ssh: connect to host codereview.qt-project.org port 22: Connection refused
error: Could not fetch gerrit
fetch of qt3d failed at ./qtrepotools/bin/qt5_tool line 505.

Using manual commands, I got:

Stephens-MacBook-Pro:qt3d stephenchu$ git checkout master origin/master
error: pathspec 'origin/master' did not match any file(s) known to git.

I really don't know what to do to get it build on Mac now. It's really
tiring trying all the things without any results. :(