[Development] Container refactor update

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Wed Jun 20 08:52:55 CEST 2012

Hi Thiago,

[you knew this would be coming, I don't let you down]

On Monday June 18 2012, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> * port QList

Before actually porting QList (esp. as I take the above to mean that QList
won't be bound to void* slots anymore): Is there than *anything* in QList
that QVector doesn't do at least as good or that could be ported over to
QVector (reserving space in front for prepends comes to mind, though I'd
argue that code that uses this a lot is broken by design anyway).

So, can we please just have the equivalent of
  template <typename T>
  using QList = QVector<T>;
after moving the members that QList has but QVector lacks over to QVector?

I'd be more than happy to volunteer a patch.

I haven't seen a single Qt developer team (Qt devs not excepting) that is
fully aware of the performance characteristics and memory layout of QList.
Most just use it because it has a nicer name than QVector.

Thanks,
Marc