[Development] Code of conduct.

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Thu Jun 21 19:06:53 CEST 2012

+1 from me.

--
Tuukka

Alexis Menard kirjoitti 21.6.2012 18:42:

Hi,

When I see recent behaviors, wording, comments on various mailing
lists, blog posts, or IRC against major contributors or regular
contributor I feel sad about it. I feel sad to hear bashing, complains
in a way they should not be said, i.e. impolite, arrogant, aggressive.
While I do understand people have strong opinion about feature A
against feature B, QML vs C++, whatever against whatever, it is not a
reason to not behave like educated person. I find it very demotivating
especially when we all need to act as strong community to make Qt an
even better framework.

We don't all like each others but that is fine. But we are not forced
to accept people polluting the environment, the professionalism on the
project especially when it starts hurting motivation of people
*actually* contributing to the project. These people are not welcomed.

Should we have a code of conduct just like KDE or Gnome to specify
what we expect from community members in term of behavior between each
other? If people don't agree with this code of conduct then they
should not participate to the project. It's not a law neither a
removing liberty to people to raise their concerns, it just a way to
make sure people will do it in a nice manner and if they don't they
can just leave.

Thanks.

Links :
http://www.kde.org/code-of-conduct/