[Development] So I've made a QWidgets2 design/prototype... BUT...

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Sun Jun 24 20:54:50 CEST 2012

On Sun, 24 Jun 2012, d3fault wrote:

> Which brings me to my next question:
> Why should I do Nokia's work (rather, what I think should be their work)
> for them?

You don't have to. What you may do is to help other users (and in the long
run yourself).

> Sure, I could contribute QWidgets2 as an add-on... but remember the bit
> about it being CORE functionality? Core functionality does not belong in
> an add-on.

What really makes up the core functionality (feature and quality-wise)
will differ depending on who you ask. If you think that your stuff belongs
there: polish and/or publish it for others to see and have it compete.
That's the nature of an Open Source project.

Talking about forking for a work like yours is premature. Host it
somewhere under a license that you see fit. Whether you sign the CLA is
your choice. See how it goes, see what interest is there and see whether
there is any conflict with the 'core' that actually requires forking. I
doubt the latter.

Harri.