[Development] So I've made a QWidgets2 design/prototype... BUT...

Rene Jensen rene at catatonic.dk
Mon Jun 25 10:09:30 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Oswald Buddenhagen <
oswald.buddenhagen at nokia.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 09:37:27AM +0200, ext Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > On segunda-feira, 25 de junho de 2012 09.02.32, Rene Jensen wrote:
> > > Since we have a good tradition of hijacking threads, I'd like to take
> this
> > > opportunity to ask if qt-project.org has established an area where
> usermade
> > > classes, fragments etc. can reside.
> > > A central repository just seems more sensible to me.
> > >
> > > When making a project, there's always some small widget or class system
> > > that falls out as a separate generic entity.
> > >
> > > ... Or is the forum a better place?
> >
> > There is the playground.

Yes and no. I am talking about something like
http://djangosnippets.org/tags/
They playground sends a massive signal: Only store large scale projects
expecting many commits and many contributors here.

It does not look suitable for small, one-time solutions to specific
problems. You can't specify which Qt version you are browsing solutions
for, nor category etc. There is no rating system either.

Perhaps the famous Documentation notes could do the trick. Not sure though.
Or maybe the good old qt-apps.org site is still the recommended way to
publish. Hmm. On a closer look, I'd say it is.

Cheers,
Rene