[Development] QtCS: Qt Embedded

Paul Olav Tvete paul.tvete at nokia.com
Mon Jun 25 15:00:05 CEST 2012

On Friday 22 June 2012 11:09:25 ext Donald Carr wrote:
> The Raspberry Pi is also meant to have a discrete (and apparently
> meaty) OpenVG processor that is currently lying dormant.

This turns out not to be the case after all. In the OpenVG session, we were
informed that the Raspberry Pi does actually use the same silicon for OpenGL ES
and OpenVG. There is no magical gain in performance from running GLES and VG in
parallel :/ (Apparently there was some confusion with dispman, which is
completely separate.)

There are other chips that have separate VG silicon, or even no GLES at all, so
there is still a strong usecase for OpenVG.

- Paul