[Development] buildsystem branches (about to be) integrated

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Mon Jun 25 12:56:15 CEST 2012

On 19.06.2012 14:31, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> moin,
>
> the buildsystem branch of qtbase is currently being integrated. this is
> ~120 commits worth of qmake&  project file fixes and cleanups. there are
> some changes to how modularization (in particular configure tests) is
> handled, and cross-building should be supported without hacks finally.
>
> the immediate impact:
> - lots of build scripts which employ various hacks will instantly
>    break. don't panic and (mostly) just delete some code from them.
>    use
>        configure -xplatform<spec>  -sysroot<root>
>        make
>    as you would intuitively expect. don't play tricks with funny qmake
>    and make invocations.
> - the other modules will spit out lots of warnings now.
>    *DON'T* do anything about them for now. i have patches prepared for
>    all modules already. i will explicitly add the module owners to the
>    reviews. *don't* stage anything yourself.
>    once my patches are through, there will be still some warnings left.
>    you'll be invited to fix them at this point.
> - some build configurations will work even worse than before until
>    everything is integrated. the only variants which are expected to be
>    safe are developer builds without -prefix and module-by-module builds
>    with -prefix.
>
> catch me on IRC if something breaks for you and no obvious solution
> seems to help. but remember that not every breakage is due to this
> branch being integrated. ;)

Shadow builds on windows are broken:

<srcbase> = D:/qt5/qtbase
<outbase> = D:/qt5/build

The include pathes to <outbase> are broken, they all miss "\qt5\build":

cl ...
-I"d:\include"
-I"d:\include\QtCore"
-I"\include\QtCore\5.0.0"
-I"\include\QtCore\5.0.0\QtCore"
-I"d:\qt5\qtbase\src\corelib\tmp"
-I"global"
-I"d:\qt5\qtbase\src\3rdparty\zlib"
-I"d:\qt5\qtbase\src\3rdparty\pcre"
-I"d:\qt5\qtbase\src\3rdparty\harfbuzz\src"
-I"d:\qt5\qtbase\src\3rdparty\md5"
-I"d:\qt5\qtbase\src\3rdparty\md4"
-I"tmp\moc\debug_shared"
-I"."
-I"d:\qt5\qtbase\mkspecs\win32-msvc2010"

d:\qt5\qtbase\src\corelib\global\qt_pch.h(58) :
   fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht
   geöffnet werden: "qglobal.h": No such file or directory

Peter