[Development] templates as QObjects

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Tue Jun 26 20:07:54 CEST 2012

On 22.06.2012 09:26, Olivier Goffart wrote:

> Nice stuff. Now you just need to make it for Qt5, and handle all the special
> cases :-)
>
> There is a room for tests in tets/auto/tools/moc (I'm saying that because you
> made your test somewhere else)

OK, ported to Qt5 now:
https://qt.gitorious.org/~syntheticpp/qt/qt5base/commit/3f37d08b81e63db6a8444eff3c08afb044d72d67

Currently it uses "extradata" in QMetaObject where each concrete template instantiation
stores its name (e.g. Foo<int> instead of Foo<T>).
Is this pointer already used by someone else?
Could we add another pointer to the private structure of QMetaObject even when this patch
comes after 5.0, because when extradata is already used we later have no place for other new stuff.

I would like to use this patch as starting point for a merge request,
so comments are welcome.

Peter